Happy Hour at Home!
Always be ready to serve up cool cocktails in an instant with these thirst-quenching tips on setting up a beverage station even in the tiniest spaces! All you need is a knock out tray, crystal or glass carafes & stemware, a collection of beverages and a few bar accessories to create a chic and inviting mini bar at home. Here’s a bit of inspiration to get you started. Cheers!
1. Above: A small decorative cabinet makes the perfect beverages centre. The simplicity of this mini bar is so elegant and classic styled with an antiqued-brass Champagne chiller filled with bubbly, crystal flutes and wine glasses arranged atop a marble surface. The storage cupboard below holds essential barware. HomeSense.ca
2. Above: Rolling bar carts, inspired by the homes and offices of the hugely popular tv show Mad Men, can be tucked in a corner of the room and can easily be rolled about the room as you need them. Look for carts with durable glass shelves that are recessed at least 1 inch below the frame so bottles and glasses won’t slide off, wheels that swivel and roll easily and finishes that won’t get damaged by moisture like marble, glass or mirror. Rolling bar carts come in a variety of styles, finishes and sizes. HomeSense.ca
3. Above: Add some personality to your mini bar! On my dining room sideboard I mix and match my glassware choosing colourful stemware to accent my best cut crystal. Display stemware on a knock-out tray in silver, mirror, leather or lacquer finishes to protect wood surfaces and they’ll come in handy when ready to serve your guests. Photo by Paul Chmielowiec, paulc.ca
4. Above: The “night cap” never looked so inviting! We set up a simple yet elegant vintage cut-glass carafe and two brandy snifters on a lovely curvaceous sideboard at our latest design project, Grandfield Homes Oakford model home. Photo by Paul Chmielowiec, paulc.ca
ACCESSORIZE your mini bar.
5. Below: Accent your mini bar with accessories like this modern copper bar set with tray from Target.ca
Above: Gold-lined ceramic bowls from Target.ca will add glam to any mini bar. Fill with lemons, limes or nuts.
Above: Keep nibbles handy on your mini bar. Fill various sizes and shapes of wide-mouthed apothecary jars with treats. Photo by Paul Chmielowiec, paulc.ca
For those of you who prefer to go big or go home….check out this built-in bar we designed for Grandfield Homes Oakford model home recently. Party central! Photo by Paul Chmielowiec, paulc.ca. Faux florals, katesgarden.ca